On March 15 and 16, a delegation from Regional Capitals Australia went to Canberra to meet with a number of federal ministers to discuss Regional Capitals Australia’s policy positions.
In light of recent ministerial changes and indication of new policy announcements for regional Australia and Australian cities, the focus of the meetings highlighted the significant role regional capitals have in both of these areas.
Take a look at our policy positions:
- Strong regional capitals are fundamental to regional development.
- Regional capitals are economic gateways central to nation building.
- Regional capitals will allow Australia to grow sustainably.
- Regional capitals are at the forefront of international trade opportunity
The delegation met with the following stakeholders:
- Senator the Hon Fiona Nash MP
Minister for Regional Development, Rural Health and Regional Communications,
- Office of The Hon Barnaby Joyce MP Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Agriculture and Water,
- Mr Andrew Giles MP
Lead on Transport and Cities for Australia Labor Party,
- Ms Melissa Price MP,
- Senator The Hon Matthew Canavan MP
Minister for Northern Australia,
- Office of The Hon Darren Chester MP
Minister for Infrastructure and Transport and
- The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.